We would like to remind you of several things you can do to protect your home during this time of year when we often travel “home for the holidays” or even just leave town for a few days.
- Let your neighbors know and ask them to keep an eye our to any unusual activity. Make sure they know how to contact you if necessary.
- Have packages and mail held at the post office until you return.
- Use timers on your lights, both inside and outside so it looks like your home is occupied.
- Although it’s fun to share photos and check ins on social media, save those until your return. It’s hard to know just who will see or have access to the information that tells them your away.
- Remember your winter weatherization with hose bib covers and leave the heat inside your house at a reasonable temperature so if it does get cold, your pipes will not freeze.
Enjoy your holidays and time with family and friends.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Maple Leaf Property Management